How can a virtual CIO (vCIO) help your company?
A vCIO, or virtual CIO, is an individual contractor or company that serves as an organization’s chief information officer. vCIOs collaborate with and advise their client companies’ IT departments and leaders. vCIOs can be valuable to small and medium sized companies that don’t want to incur the salary of hiring an internal CIO.
Similar to CIOs, the duties of a vCIO include setting strategic IT goals, planning the IT budget; analyzing and reworking business processes and facilitating technology changes.
For companies that seek to outsource their IT counsel and maintain a competitive advantage, retaining a vCIO can be a wise business decision.
Rather than waiting for problems to arise, the vCIO will proactively recommend solutions, services and business changes to clients.
What should your company look for when retaining a vCIO?
- The ability to link IT systems to business objectives.
- A knowledge of technology trends that are likely to affect the customer.
- A firm grasp of IT project planning and management.
- Experience in the IT budgeting process.
System Solutions Group’s vCIO services provide:
- Business alignment and technology planning Staff training, from front line employees to the C-Suite.
- Consulting with other appropriate vendors and specialists.
- Security policy development, implementation, support and auditing.
For more information on SSGI’s vCIO services, contact us for a consultation.
CONTINUITY OF SERVICE
“Our organization has used Ed Davis and his team at Systems Support Group for over 20 years and our experience has been nothing but positive. Their expertise has helped us organize multiple operational efficiencies in the rapidly changing health care and technological environments.”
– Recent Client Statement